If you have successfully completed one or more of the units offered at Ranges TEC at another Registered Training Organisation, and can produce an original academic transcript as evidence of this, you will receive an automatic credit transfer.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that recognises a student’s current skills and experience. Students can base their application for RPL on any combination of formal or informal training and education, work experience or general life experience. If you believe that you have sufficient and current evidence to demonstrate competency in one or more of the units in your Ranges TEC Certificate program you may be eligible for RPL.
Evidence may include;
- Interview/professional conversation
- Observation and questioning including workplace visits
- Portfolio of work, which may include completed assessment items from previous study
- Supplementary assessment tasks or challenge test (oral, written or practical)
- Assessment where no training is involved
- Trade test
- Authentication of evidence by supervisor or employer.
For more information or to apply for RPL please contact the Ranges TEC enrolment officer t 03 9738 7100