Year 10 Taster Year
Year 10 Taster Year
Ranges TEC specialises in hands-on learning primarily for students who are looking to pursue a trade pathway and/or an alternative educational pathway to the VCE. Ranges TEC has developed a Year 10 pathways program that is exclusively designed for hands-on learners. It has been designed by trades people who know how to engage with students. The staff work alongside students and are able to help them see meaning in their learning tasks.
Our Pathways & Taster Program is a full-time education program and is designed to engage students in an educational program that is able to prepare them for the VCE VM and Certificate II studies. The program is made up of elements from the Victorian Pathways Certificate (VPC) and VET Certificates (micro-credentials).
Ranges TEC is specially designed to empower your child’s future with our dynamic, hands-on learning environment that cultivates critical thinking, creativity, and skill development. Our dedicated staff and distinctive curriculum will help your child complete Year 12 and gain a pathway into trade, TAFE, or the wider workforce.
What does the Taster Year look like
- Six Trade Tasters integrating Numeracy and Work Related Skills
- Building and Construction
- Furniture Making
- Horticulture and
- Literacy (VPC Units)
- Numeracy (VPC Units)
- Personal Development Skills (VPC Units)
- Work Related Skills (VPC Units)
- The Rite Journey (TRJ)
- Sport and Recreation Program
- Community Projects – integrating (Personal Development Skills and Literacy)
- Employability and Work Readiness Program, including Work Placement
- Wilderness Camp
- Nationally recognised competencies
- First Aid Certificate
- White Card
Ranges TEC has won Awards from the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority for our Community Service Projects. This is State recognition for the quality of Ranges TEC’s Service Projects.
- Follow their work interests and decide whether a trade is really for them or not
- Learn workplace communication skills, both written and oral, and grow in confidence to communicate face-to-face in the adult world
- Experience a hard day’s work
- Apply and continue to develop their OHS/WHS knowledge and skills
- Explore and plan potential employment pathways
The class sizes are small and offer a highly supportive environment to help students as they transition to adulthood.
“Ranges TEC has helped me a lot, growing my skills and passion for woodwork. If I went to another school I would be learning basic skills and tools, but here I get to learn from a professional who is passionate about both their trade and seeing the best in me.”
— Next Steps
I’m interested in…
Learning more about our programs, facilities, and the incredible opportunities that await you at Ranges TEC. Whether you are a student, parent, or educator, we are here to answer any questions and guide you on this exciting educational journey.